Friday, December 20, 2019

The Ten Best Books that I Read in 2019

According to Goodreads, I read 44 books last year which is almost 1 per week. That sounds about right since I read mostly nonfiction. Here’s what I think were the best of the 44. BTW, my To Read list is as long as ever hovering around 50 books. I will probably die with 50+ books in my To Read list.

The Ten Best Books that I Read in 2019

Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
The Library Book by Susan Orlean
Becoming by Michelle Obama 
The Uninhabitable Earth by David Wallace-Wells
Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
Rightful Heritage by Douglas Brinkley 
The Giver of Stars by JoJo Moyes
The Once and Future World by J.B. MacKinnon
Pay Attention for Goodness Sake by Sylvia Boorstein
Prisoners of Geography by Tim Marshall  

4 comments:

Kathie said...

I added these books to my TBR list. As that old adage goes, I will probably die with my reading list incomplete. I love reading :)

Barb said...

Okay I have a long list I've just added more. sigh. Florence I have checked all my settings and from what I can see (admittedly I may not see everything) everything is open as it can be and even "anon" should be able to post. Have you tried that way? I now at least one other person who has the same issue-Laura over at the Occasional Nomads and we have yet to figure it out.

Florence said...

Barb, I think it may be a Blogger problem. I can’t post on Eileen’s Nature Notes but like you, she can post on mine. I will see if I can post on yours right now.

Florence said...

I posted using my Google Account, using my url, and as anonymous. I don’t think any of the three posted. Aaarrrggghhh!!