Friday, December 27, 2019

Around OakMeadows

Aren’t these clouds beautiful!!

Good morning! I hope everyone had a pleasant holiday season!  We had our usual quiet Christmas! Our daughter and SIL made the most delicious Spaghetti Bolognese, salad, and White Chocolate Bread Pudding and invited us over. I am in awe of their cooking. Daughter did not inherit a cooking gene from me because I don’t have one. Lovely evening taking the dogs for a walk around the lake while digesting the Bolognese and coming back for the pudding. 

I have to have a New Year’s Resolution this year. Normally, I don’t do them but this year I must lose weight in order to get my blood pressure down. My father had high blood pressure and had a stroke and I certainly don’t want that. So my first step is eliminating my morning orange juice and my daily Coke. That will cut 2100 calories per week. My basic problem is sugar—I love it....but not enough to have a stroke over. So the main diet emphasis is on cutting the sugar.  Exercise is rather limited for me as I have to remain seated, so my new best friend is Mary Ann Wilson of Sit and Be Fit. Also there is a Chair Yoga and Chair Tai Chi which I want to look into. 

That’s about all the news from OakMeadows for now. Have a safe and happy New Year.  

No comments: