Monday, December 9, 2019

Happy Birthday to Me!!


I recently turned 72. I have more than enough stuff so I always prefer no more stuff.  We celebrated with my daughter and SIL with burgers and fries on their patio and watching our Houston Texans  football team get trounced once again. SIL makes bacon cheeseburgers to die for and daughter makes chocolate chip cookies that are really the best I have ever tasted. Such a pleasant afternoon.

I’ve seen two movies lately that I would highly recommend. One is Knives Out which we saw at our local AMC theater and the other is The Irishman which I saw on Netflix. Both are worth seeing. IMHO.

It is warm enough that I am wearing shorts today but a cold front is moving through tonight. It will probably blow most of my beautiful butterflies further south to the Rio Grande Valley.  However, the good side is that the hawks from colder climes will be moving into our area and JMM love to go driving the back roads and seeing how many hawks we can identify. Our favorite is the small kestrel. So beautiful.

That’s about all the news from OakMeadowz for now.

3 comments:

Barb said...

What happened? They beat the darned Patriots and then...? Maybe the Bronco QBs is better than we though. Heading to TX to visit daughter and look at places to live.
?

Florence said...

Barb, The Texans are the most inconsistent team ever.

Kathie said...

Happy Birthday!