Thursday, November 11, 2021

Around OakMeadows

 

My sweet Angie



I think that my sweet Angie picked up an intestinal virus when we boarded her overnight at Camp Bow Wow while we went to the National Butterfly Center. Within 2 days she was throwing up and had diarrhea. So off to the vet we went for metronidazole, kaopectate, and an anti-nauseant.  JMM is the official animal medication administrator and with the help of Greenie Pill Pockets for pills and an oral syringe for liquids, he does an admirable job of it. And best of all Angie is recovering nicely, no diarrhea, no vomiting. I’ve put her on Hill’s Prescription I/D dog food and she loves it. 


My insomnia has gotten really bad. (Last night I was awake from 11pm until after 3am.) So I finally agreed to a sleep study. My Family Medicine doctor sent a referral and now I am waiting for clearance from my insurance. In the meantime, she has me taking trazodone at bedtime but I don’t see that it is helping at all.  I’m not looking forward to the overnight sleep study but I really need to be able to get more uninterrupted sleep. To be continued.

We went to our daughter’s house for burgers & fries (made by our son-in-law).  Then we settled in to watch Dune.  SciFi is not my favorite and I had trouble following the dialogue but I thought it was well done. ⭐️⭐️⭐️

We are so enjoying all the butterflies on the blooming crucita. We worried that the Freezepocalypse last February had killed all the crucita and milkweed. Fortunately, enough of the milkweed came back to attract the Monarchs and the crucita simply exploded, taking over the world if it could. Butterfly List and photos to follow.

That’s about all the news from OakMeadows.


No comments: