Wednesday, February 3, 2010

This and that

It is another cold, wet day and I am glad to able to stay home on vacation.

I took my electric scooter in to The Scooter Store Monday and they called today to say that they can't find what is causing it to stop abruptly. Great, just great. I told him to keep it another day and to carefully check all the connections because something is wrong.

About a year and a half ago I had Sirius radio installed in my car. What a waste of money!! It sounded like a good idea but turned out that there simply wasn't anything that I cared to listen to on at the times that I was commuting to work. Finally today I decided not to waste any more money on it and canceled it. Frankly with internet radio these days, Sirius days are numbered.

I made an Applesauce Raisin Spice Cake this afternoon and iced it with Powdered Sugar/ Cream Cheese icing. Yikes, is it ever seriously good!! I'll post the recipe.

Have you ever watched Foyle's War? If you haven't, you are in for a treat. It is set in Hastings, England during WWII where Detective Chief Superintendent Christopher Foyle solves crimes while dealing with the difficulties of a country facing invasion, bombing, and scarcity. Excellent series; be sure to start from the beginning. I'm on a Foyle's War marathon while on vacation.

No comments: