Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Nice Day to Stay Home

I am on vacation this week. It is so nice to look outside and see all the cold rain coming down and just pull the electric blanket up, turn over, and go back to sleep. I love my job and feel very rewarded both personally and financially by it but time away from it is very appreciated too.



Today is devoted to quilting and listening to a new book on audio--Spooner by Peter Dexter. It came highly recommended so I am looking forward to it.



I received a politcal cartoon in an e-mail today that really annoyed me. It was titled The State of the Union Address and showed a picture of President Obama as a crying baby. I replied to the sender that we must have listened to two different State of the Union Addresses and left it at that. Our current administration did inherit a financial mess and two wars and what I see is that we are managing the financial mess and trying to extricate ourselves from at least one of the wars. I really don't like the political venom from either side and I realize that there is nothing that President Obama can do that will not be attacked from the Republicans. But I think it important that I was just as annoyed with the viciousness toward GWB even though I adamantly opposed the war in Iraq (and still do). I suppose that just shows how I am not cut out for politics--I want reasonable people discussing the pros and cons of issues and making reasonable decisions and what I get is assinine political cartoons.



OK, enough politics and back to a nice day to stay home.

No comments: