Thursday, September 3, 2009

Morning Routine

I have always been a morning person but my current work schedule (2:30-11PM) has played havoc with my "Early to bed, early to rise" nature. However, I do find that having a morning routine allows me to get things done on auto-pilot. Here's the general routine:
1. Make bed--first thing, get it done.
2. Shower and dress--I feel better and get more done than if I stay in my jammies and slippers.
3. Feed cats--By now they are hungry and WILL NOT BE IGNORED.
4. Breakfast and clean up the kitchen.
5. Dust mop kitchen and family room--all tiled area; with 3 cats, 1 dog, and 3 people, it needs it everyday.
6. Bible chapter for the day. I read through the Bible in this way: Day 1--Old Testament; Day 2--Psalms, Proverbs, Minor prophets; Day 3--New Testament. It isn't the fastest way to read the Bible, but I'm in no hurry. I usually pick one verse from the day's reading to think about during the day.
7. Laundry--I like to do a load every day or two. Towels are changed weekly and sheets every 2 weeks. Kitchen linens daily.
8. Project for the day--Cleaning, Cooking, Reading, Quilting--just depends on what is on my To Do Today List.

This routine works for me--keeps us generally clean and fed.

Thought for the Day:

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out. John Wooden

No comments: