Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Compromise

I think we'll all agree that raiding the emergency fund to finish paying off the house by the end of the year is not the wisest way to go. One of the reasons that I have been so anxious to finish it is that I have been putting things off for a couple of years to focus on the house. I have thought that I could just hold off until January, 2010 and then I could start on my When the House Is Paid Off List. The fact is that I am willing to wait that long but no longer. My compromise is that I will continue as planned through December to put every penny I can scrape together on the house which will get us down to $10-12,000 but in January I will pick one thing on my list and get it taken care of. That way the house gets paid down as rapidly as possible through the end of the year and I start taking care of some other needs in a reasonable time frame.

Thought for the Day:


"The ultimate measure of man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." Martin Luther King

No comments: