Monday, April 9, 2018

Around OakMeadows

Chinese Fringe Tree in full bloom. 


     We are inching our way into Spring, two steps forward, one step back with showers in between. Today was very cloudy and looked like rain all day but nothing but an occasional light drizzle. Tomorrow is supposed to be much cooler.  We shall see.  

     I finished piecing the top for my Dutch Churn and Dash quilt and took it to the Quilter’s Emporium for Karen Shively to pick up and do the machine quilting. So after we came back from Luby’s, I picked out the scrap pieces for my next quilt which will be a Scrap Nine Patch.  You know with all the Scrap Quilts I have made, it still seems like I haven’t made a dent in my leftover fabric bin.  Really, I’m reminded of Elijah and the widow’s oil.  

     We went to Luby’s for a late lunch today.  I remember how we would go to Luby’s in downtown Galveston; I just thought that was the height of elegance even with organ music in the background.  

     I have been very upset about the federal government since the last election in 2016. The thing that has me upset today is their determination to destroy the EPA and the regulations that are designed to clean up our environment and protect endangered species.  It is incredible to me that our government has been so degraded.  

I am listening to The Worst Hard Time by Timothy Egan. It is about the Dust Bowl years in Oklahoma and the Texas Panhandle. It is incredible how we destroyed the grasslands and paid for it with the Dustbowl.  

1 comment:

Wisewebwoman said...

Out here we're destroying the oceans, I'd bet my money we're going to run out of fish. the over-fishing is catastrophic, not to mention the plastics residing in the bellies of the poor marine life thanks to us pestilential parasites on the planet.

I love your tree.

XO
WWW