Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Around OakMeadows


Around OakMeadows 

I pre-ordered Pioneer Woman’s new cookbook, Come and Get It and it came right on schedule. I really enjoy following her on her blog and her recipes are very realistic. Anyway, I am going through the new cookbook and marking the recipes that I want to try. First off is a Mexican Chicken Soup made in the Slow Cooker. Then there is a breakfast casserole and several sheet pan recipes.  

I hate the new Captcha I’m not a robot verification. I have a devil of a time figuring out if they want to include the poles of the street signs in the little blocks. Aaaarrrggghhh!!!

NFL and take a knee—> I don’t care. 

Each year Goodreads puts out a survey of the best books of the year. For the past several years I go through the various categories and pick out the ones that look interesting and add them to my Want to Read list. Then I can start reading them as they become available at my library. This year I found 14 books to add to my WtR list. I am rather proud of myself for getting my WtR list under 100. 

Tomorrow we are going to early voting. I really want to vote for the county school bonds and the road/transportation bonds. 

Lots of good reading lately. Reviews coming soon. Lots of good cooking too. Quilting has been on hold. 

We had a couple of really cold nights, mid to upper 30s, but it is back to warm and humid. And something is blooming/pollinating now and has my allergies all stirred up. 

That’s all the news from OakMeadows where the people leave the electric blanket on low all day for the cats to sleep on and the dog has her own red sweater. 

No comments: