Monday, March 2, 2015

Around Oak Meadows


We are dog sitting dear Daisy while daughter and son-in-law are eating their way through Louisiana over the weekend.  She is an ancient cocker spaniel and is completely deaf, doesn't see well because of cataracts, but she enjoys a ride in the car, eating people food, sleeping in her soft bed, and a gentle game of go-get-the-ball. So this morning we took her with us to McDonald's and while I had my Egg McMuffin, she had Hash Browns.  Then we went to HEB for grocery shopping and last filled up the van with gas and went through the car wash, which was probably a waste since it is supposed to rain the next few days. 

I finished the baby quilt I made for my not yet born great-nephew.  I'm pleased that for once, I'm not racing to finish before the due date.  Thirty years ago I made a baby quilt for this baby's father. 



I finished reading The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. It was excellent. I hope to get a review written soon. It is set in Nazi occupied France and tells how 2 sisters survived. Well written and holds you so that you just can't put it down. 

It has been too cold and rainy to do anything outside but I am itching to clean out the flower beds.  In the meanwhile, I am cleaning out drawers and cabinets and closets. Where did all this stuff come from and how did it get into my house???  Mysteries of the universe.  

Lots of birds at the feeders. Goldfinches scarfing down thistle as fast as we put it out. Sunflower seed for the cardinals, chickadees, and Titmouses.  Peanuts for the squirrels and the bluejays.  Mockingbirds are beginning to act territorial.  

The workmen started installing the irrigation system and are supposed to finish Tuesday but I don't know if they will or not because the forecast is for rain, rain, and more rain.  

Life is good at OakMeadows. 



1 comment:

Carver said...

Beautiful tree and quilt and an interesting post.