Thursday, January 8, 2015

This and that

I made the Slow Cooker Balsamic-Braised Chicken with Swiss Chard today except I left out the Swiss Chard. I had put the Swiss Chard in the bottom drawer of the refrigerator and it froze solid.  I thawed it out but it was mush so I left it out. Let me tell you, it was terrific without the SC! The sauce was so good over mashed potatoes.  Next time I make it, I'm not going to do the SC at all but serve it over mashed potatoes as I did this time and have steamed green beans as a side.  This recipe is a keeper.

Speaking of cooking, my next cooking project is Joe's birthday cake. I always make a German Sweet Chocolate cake for him. So that's at least 46 GC Cakes I've made for him over the years.

Today they poured the foundation for our shed.  The well head will be in the shed and I am looking forward to getting the generator, the tiller, the mower, and other equipment out of the garage.

I have absolutely no idea why I cannot post pictures onto my blog from my phone. The photos are on my iPhone and are there under the Photos icon on both the iPhone and iPad but do not show up on the  Blogger page where I should be able to choose from the blog, Picasa, my phone, or a URL.
Any suggestions would be welcome!

1 comment:

Hattie said...

I wish I could help you with the photo thing, but I don't have a clue as to how that works.
But slow cooking is great and saved my situation when I had nine people to fix meals for for 17 days! I did have help, of course, but it was great to be able to come up with a dish most nights that everyone enjoyed without having to spend all my time over a hot stove.