Monday, July 25, 2011

3 Books at a Time

I seldom read just one book.  I usually have 3-4 going at the same time.  3 seems about right--5 is too many and 2 is just not enough.  I take a book with me almost all the time--the optometrist kept me waiting 30 minutes which could have been aggravating if I hadn't been deep In Siberia by Colin Thubron. (In the heat these days here on the Texas Gulf Coast, Siberia doesn't seem quite so bad...)
The 3 I have going right now are:
In Siberia by Colin Thubron
A Fruitful Vine by Carrie Bender
Amish Peace by Suzanne Fisher

I also have 3 books on machine applique because I want my next quilt to be appliqued cat faces but that's another post.

On the stack to be read:
The Greater Journey by David McCullouch
State of Wonder by Ann Patchett (Her book Bel Canto is one of my all time favorites.)
Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier (I've seen the movie several times but never read the book.)

I wonder if I should get a Kindle, Nook, or tablet.  I just don't know.

No comments: