Sunday, May 24, 2009

Goal 2009 Update #11

I have scheduled the June 1 house payment with a $5000 extra principal payment. This will bring us down to just under $44,000 left. We are half way through the year and still on target. As long as we stay fully employed and well, we should be able to get this house paid off by December 31.

Thought for the Day:

The Madoff affair is the cherry on top of a national breakdown in financial propriety, regulations and common sense. Which is why we don’t just need a financial bailout; we need an ethical bailout. We need to re-establish the core balance between our markets, ethics and regulations. I don’t want to kill the animal spirits that necessarily drive capitalism — but I don’t want to be eaten by them either. Thomas Friedman 12/17/08 NYT

2 comments:

hustler said...

Good thought for the day. And good luck on paying your house off by dec. That will be a feat worth celebrating for sure! I can only imagine at this point how good that will feel. :)

Florence said...

Dear hustler, I sure hope you don't wait as long as I did to get out of debt. I will be 62 by the time I am debt-free. :((