Friday, May 8, 2009

Beautiful Things

It is necessary for me to have beauty in my everyday life. Beautiful music, beautiful flowers, the beauty of nature. So often it is there unnoticed but I am making it a point to look for beauty. Today's beauty included
The daylillies in full bloom
A flock of barn swallows sailing and swooping through the air
A spectacular full moonrise

What beauty has been in your life recently?

Thought for the Day:

"Those who contemplate the beauty of the Earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts." ~ Rachel Carson

1 comment:

Retired Syd said...

Boy, ain't that the truth! It seems I'm getting hit over the head with beauty these days, not even trying. Each time I look out at my garden I am mesmerized. How can there be this beautiful bounty of red strawberries where there were shriveled brown leaves just weeks ago? How can there be such a burst of purple flowers where it was all green just 2 days before? And look at those tiny little green things on the cherry trees--they are going to be actual juicy cherries in no time!

The kind of miracle I believe in!