Wednesday, March 4, 2009

On the work scene

We had a meeting at work yesterday for all pharmacists. The economic slowdown is beginning to show itself at our hospital. We have had a hiring freeze for several months and have lost 2 pharmacists in that time. Our schedules are being changed to try to provide adequate coverage with less staff. I'm not looking forward to a rotating schedule so I will see if I can find someone to trade with so that I can keep working straight evenings. It is unavoidable that I will have to work a rotating weekend schedule. In all honesty though, I don't mind the weekends as it is nice to have some days off during the week. The main thing is that I still have a job. If the economy doesn't pick up by the end of the year, I wouldn't be surprised at all if JMM is laid off; if we can manage to both stay employed until the house is paid off, we can live on one salary for as long as necessary. Interesting times these are.

Thought for the day:

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters in the end. - Ursula K. LeGuin

No comments: