Saturday, March 28, 2009

Dragon Lady

Very few things annoy me more than not being taken seriously. My normal persona is rather easy going and flexible and I think that sometimes I may not present myself in an assertive manner. (But frankly I find a state of perpetual assertiveness basically no way to live.) Anyway, there are times when I get so annoyed at being blown off by someone that I am paying my money to fix something that I morph into Dragon Lady. I remember several appearances of Dragon Lady when asinine pediatricians wouldn't believe me when I told them my DD was getting sick. Well, Dragon Lady appeared once again in the vet's office when she had to point out to them that Bandit wasn't getting any better on the current treatment and that he was losing weight because he wasn't eating or drinking and what were they going to do about it now??? The long and the short of it is that the antibiotic was changed and he was given an appetite stimulant and within 24 hours, he was getting better. What a coincidence... Last I saw her, Dragon Lady was smiling and cuddling a much improved Bandit and poof, she was gone but I suspect she'll be back when needed.

Thought for the Day:

Be Kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Plato

No comments: