Sunday, April 7, 2019

Around OakMeadows

My sweet Iris

I have been on a news fast the past few days. I just can’t stand to hear one more thing about the president or his horrible administration.  I bought a Sunday newspaper but it is doubtful that I will even read that. I am focusing on the good things and what I can do to make things better. 

I am piecing the 42 blocks needed for my quilt top. I have finally settled on a name for it—Grief— because I miss Misty, Bandit, Duffy, Buster, and Iris so much. I can’t believe that I have lost so many precious spirits in less than a year.  

I have 3 very interesting books going now. 
A World Undone by G.J. Meyer is about WW I. It is without a doubt the best book about the Great War that I have ever read. I am amazed, appalled, and frustrated with the horrendous carnage and with the leaders and generals who just kept it going.  
More on the other two tomorrow. 

I am still doing my Resistance.Every.Day. postcards, emails, and phone calls although I admit that it is not every day.  I am under no illusions that my contacts with Rep. Olson and Senators Cornyn and Cruz have any influence on them whatsoever. I am resigned to being a voice in the wilderness. Amen. 

3 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I feel the same way as you do, I can stand to hear any news from T.rump. I am sorry you lost so many of your furbabies. Keep up your good work. Happy Monday, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy new week!

dkzody said...

You are right...so many voices in the wilderness, being ignored. I feel abandoned by my country and keep thinking, who are these people allowing such terrible decisions to be made. Resist, persist. I will keep up for now.

Wisewebwoman said...

Sometime I pull away and focus on fluff for a while like my pair of nesting crows outside my window. It is all just too much and cruising towards the last harbour of life I want it to be a safe one. It is so distressing what's happening.

So sorry to hear about the furkids, I know the feeling only too well. Dying to see the quilt.

XO
WWW