Monday, January 7, 2019

Around OakMeadows

Yesterday DD and Lucy came over to visit. We baked JMM’s German Chocolate Birthday Cake. So much trouble but sooooo good. Before she came, JMM and I made Chicken Noodle Soup in the Slow Cooker. So about 3 we had soup and cake.  

Today is very gray and overcast. Not cold and even the milkweed plants are leafing out. This is not good since there will probably be a freeze or two before winter is over.  

The kittens are really growing. They are both just beautiful.  Buster is definitely the dominant one. He reminds me of Bandit in his self assurance. Iris is smaller and sweeter but she will not let me pick her up.  Henry, the adult black cat, is mostly disgusted with our decision to get kittens. He mostly avoids contact with them but he does come and sleep with me several hours every night. Angie is baffled by Buster’s swiping at her. He does it just for the heck of it. Speaking of Angie, she is going to the groomer on Thursday. 

JMM has gone to pick up my blue and yellow One Way quilt. It is going to DSIL.  I have the fabric for the borders for my next quilt cut out and maybe I can get the top finished this week. I think my next quilt will be a Nine-Patch. 

The government shutdown over the wall along the border with Mexico is going on 3 weeks now. DD is having to work without getting paid as she is deemed essential. I’ve told her that I have savings that we can use to tide her over while this nightmare goes on. We assume that when it is over, she will get back pay. 

I had to spend some time on the phone with Fidelity as they have messed up my MRD withdrawal for the third time and considering this is just the first of January, it is amazing they could make that many screwups in such a short period of time. I have learned to watch them like a hawk as it is my retirement money that we are talking about. 


No comments: