Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Around OakMeadows

My brother in law died the night of December 23. He was 86 and died peacefully at home. Bonnie said that when she woke up this morning, he was gone. He died from a long standing heart condition. He is going to be cremated and there will be a memorial after the first of the new year. 

We had a lovely celebration dinner on Christmas. DD, DSIL, and their golden doodle, Lucy, came for dinner. DD brought dessert and 2 sides JMM did the ham and rolls which left me with only the fruit salad and green beans.  It was so pleasant to walk the two dogs and then come back in and watch the kittens. 

I finished My Italian Bulldozer by Alexander McCall Smith. It was rather silly and not one of his best. I much prefer his Ladies Number 1 Detective Agency series. 

The lattice for my quilt top is coming along. Probably another week and I’ll be ready to sew all the strips together.  I’m not sure who I will give it to. Maybe the woman who cuts our hair.  She’s a sweetheart and we have gone to her for years. 

My DD is one of the Justice Department employees who are working without being paid.  No matter what BLOTUS says, the unpaid employees are not happy about the shutdown. 

2 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

So sorry about your BIL, prayers for you and the family. Your Christmas dinner sounds great, I am sure the dogs enjoyed the walk and dinner too. I have some family member that work for in the federal government too and they are NOT happy about the shutdown or working without pay.
ENJOY your day and weekend ahead. I wish you and your family all the best in 2019. Happy New Year!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I am sorry about your brother-in-law Florence. It seems like anyone would understand that unpaid employees are NOT happy.... (but the people who still believe everything our fool of a so -called president are probably ignorant enough to buy even that). Today I read that the TSA agents are calling in sick and not working -- sure they can be annoying, but I fear for the safety of everyone who will be flying.