Monday, November 5, 2018

Around OakMeadows

Butterflies on the blooming Crucita

Twice a year I rail against changing the time to or from Dqylight Savings time. Arrgghh!  I don’t know anyone who thinks this is a good idea. One way or the other all year round please!! Rant over for this 6 months. 

Yesterday my daughter came over and showed me how she makes roast chicken and gravy. Oh my, was it ever good. I’ve never been able to make good gravy and this onion gravy was wonderful.  We had such a nice visit. We walked the dogs and watched the new Netflix documentary, Salt Fat Acid Heat. JMM baked a Schwan’s Apple Pie. Just a lovely afternoon. 

Today I had my manicure/pedicure that I get every 6 weeks. Such luxury. 

We have had a dismal summer for butterflies but the last two weeks have made up for it. We have had literally hundreds of Queens and at least a hundred Monarchs plus skippers and several Common Buckeyes. (I don’t know why they are called Common Buckeyes because they are not common and they are spectacularly beautiful.  Maybe they should be called the Spectacular Buckeye instead. 

Quilt top is going slowly. I have ate 6 strips ready to sew together. Maybe tomorrow. I have the blocks ready for the following quilt top. I hope to get it together before the end of the year.  


Thank goodness the Election is tomorrow. I hope Beto wins the Senate seat and Sri wins our House seat. I just want it over! (But OTOH, they will immediately start the 2020 Presidential campaign. Ack!!!)

2 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Happy Election Day! I hope Beto wins too, I wish I could vote for him.. Maryland is mostly a Democrat state, 1 republican "Harris" I wish would get voted out. I have seen lots of butterflies this summer and even a Monarch a week ago. The chicken and gravy sounds yummy.
Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day and the week ahead.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Offering up every hope and good wish I can possibly do for success for your candidates -- and like-minded ones everywhere (and for our governor -- I canNOT believe that here in blue state Oregon it has become a close race)... I wrote a post once about common buckeye saying pretty much exactly what you did. ... we enjoyed Salt... very much, though it made me hungry and guilty because I don't cook much anymore.