Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Around OakMeadows


Around OakMeadows

It has been cloudy and rainy for so long that I am longing for some sunshine.  The temperatures have been very pleasant though. Low 50s to upper 60s. 

I am taking a class through Coursera, Introduction to Classical Music. It is taught by a Yale professor and is quite interesting. I took a Coursera course, What Plants Know, a year ago from a professor at Hebrew University in Israel. Amazing, just amazing what we can do these days!!

JMM and I got the new shingles vaccination today. We had the old vaccine about 10 years ago but the new Shingrix vaccine is supposed to be much more effective.  Dr. Bauer faxed the prescriptions to CVS and the pharmacist administered it.  The co-pay was $100 each but worth every penny to prevent shingles.  

2 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I read something a while ago about the new shingles vaccine and meant to ask ... thanks for the reminder; I've made a note to follow through. Also interested in Coursera -- I'll go look that up. You are an inspiration!

Hootin Anni said...

Finally, the weather is ckearing up, and becoming a better Texas Spring!