Monday, January 1, 2018

A New Year Begins



Last night the fireworks in the subdivision was the worst it has ever been.  We have learned to have all the cats safely inside well before it gets dark. My poor Bandit is very frightened by the noise and flashes.  I let him stay right with me most of the night but neither of us got much sleep until 3 am.  Needless to say, after getting the morning work done, I took a nap.  

It is unusually cold here this week.  Highs around 40 and lows 21-25.  JMM brought all the plants inside.  Of course, these temperatures can’t compare to what much of the north is encountering. I truly have begun to understand why people retire to Arizona. 

I am almost finished with Franklin and Winston: An Intimate Friendship by Jon Meacham. It is excellent. I hadn’t realized just how many times during the war that they were together.  I wish I could say I was enjoying One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez as much but I am not. 

I finished putting the backing for my Scrap Quilt together. I will call Karen Shively tomorrow about having it machine quilted. That will be Quilt #1 for 2018.  I want to make one more Scrap Quilt and one Quilt Kit. 


I hope we all stay healthy and safe in 2018. 

1 comment:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I feel sorry for all the animals when the fireworks are so close by. Our temps have been in the single digits, I hope it warms up soon. I wish you and yours all the best in 2018, happy New Year! Have a great day and new week!