Friday, December 22, 2017

Around OakMeadows

JMM with Henry and Angie

Around OakMeadows 

It has been unusually warm (highs in the mid 70’s) for this time of year and very humid. We even had to run the air conditioning one night because it was so humid. But that is supposed to change overnight and get to more seasonal temperatures (40/60). 

Monday I made an appointment for an eye exam since it had been 2 years since my last eye exam. Tuesday one of the lenses fell out of my glasses. Not a problem because I have a spare pair.  Wednesday one of the lenses fell out of my spare pair.  Obviously, the eye gremlins were after me. JMM took both pairs in to TSO. They were able to get the lens back in one pair but the spare pair were beyond help. The technician said the frame looked really old. It is — 20+ years. 

I finished my quilt top and now I need to make the backing.  I’m not in any hurry but I would like to get it ready to have machine quilted.  I’m not sure what my next quilt will be but I have several ideas rumbling around my head. 

I am reading the most interesting book, The Newcomers by Helen Thorpe.  It is about a classroom of new immigrants at South High School in Denver. It follows the teenagers as they navigate through learning English, learning how to use the Denver public transportation system, adjusting to high school and just being teens.  Fascinating. 

Looks like the wolves have had their way with the sheep.  Congress has passed the tax bill and the Orange Disgrace has signed it. I wonder if anyone actually thinks it will make anything better for them. The really sad thing is that the very people who are the strongest supporters are the ones who will be hurt the most by it. Oh well, you just do what you can to help locally and work like mad to throw the bastards out of Congress and keep your fingers crossed for Robert Mueller.  

We are going to Washington, D.C. early in January.  I love visiting with my daughter because everything is so relaxed and simple.  We are going to see the Vermeer exhibit and play with Lucy and eat Costco Chicken Pot Pie while watching British Baking shows.  Hope the weather cooperates.  

All animals are well. Misty is my 12 year old paranoid cat who has always been frightened of everything. (She was a feral kitten that JMM plucked out of a tree.) Well, she has actually been standing her ground when Bandit or Duffy comes around. She has never had a problem with Angie which is surprising. Anyway, it’s nice to see her not so frightened all the time. 

That’s about all for now.

1 comment:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the cute photo of your hubby and furbabies. I am rooting for Mueller and my Christmas wish is that # 45 gets impeached. Are Costco Chicken Pot Pies yummy?

Happy weekend and Merry Christmas to you and your family.