Saturday, September 2, 2017

Around OakMeadows


We had quite a few stops to make on our way to do the weekly grocery shopping. First stop, drop off a bill at the post office, next fill up the van at Buc-ee's, next breakfast biscuit at McDonald's, next drop off a big book donation at the library, final stop was supposed to be HEB. However, it was closed. JMM thinks that they probably had water in the store. So we were going to go to the Randall's about a mile away but we couldn't get to it because the bridge over the Brazos was closed. We turned around and went to the Kroger which was several miles away near Richmond. It was open and we were able to find most of what I had on the grocery list. They were in the process of restocking the mostly empty shelves. The employees were very helpful even though they were working as fast as they could to get the store restocked.  We had to go back home in a roundabout way because a section of the road had simply washed out.  Who knew grocery shopping could be such an adventure!!

I am pleased to announce that I finally finished my quilt top and the backing. And I've already started on the next top. 

The books that we took to the library this morning were my quilting and counted-cross stitch books. I will never use them again so someone else might be able to use them. I got rid of several cookbooks but most of them were such old friends that I kept them. 

JMM and I are planning next year's trip to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. I had been thinking of next May but we've about decided on mid-September.  We will fly to Salt Lake City and spend one night there. The next day will will drive to Grand Teton. I am not sure about accommodations so I'll have to do some research.  Maybe spend 3 days in the parks. Drive back to Salt Lake and fly home. That's the general idea. I hope DD and SIL can join us.  

That's all the news from OakMeadows where the mosquitoes are trying their best to eat us alive.  

1 comment:

Hootin Anni said...

Tho Yellowstone Park is so 'commercial' these days, it's still a great place to visit.

Ya, I know what the grocery shopping has been like this past week. Finally, things are getting back to 'normal' around Corpus. Thanks for the well wishes during Harvey. Much appreciated.