Saturday, September 2, 2017

Around OakMeadows


I wish you could see all the hummingbirds at the feeder on the back porch. There are about 20 of the tiny jewels feeding from it almost all the time. They are consuming a little more than 2 cups of sugar water each day. There are not many flowers blooming other than the salvia, the crown of thorns, and the candelaria for them to feed on so I am glad they can fuel up on my sugar water before the long migration ahead of them.  

Harvey has pretty much dissipated but there is another Hurricane, Irma, developing.  It doesn't look like Irma will come our way through.  

I spent quite a bit of time today getting our finances and household business squared away.  I called Humana and verified that the bill from MHHS was correct and paid that $885.  (This was from my small bowel obstruction last month.) Thank you, LBJ, for Medicare. Then JMM and I did the MasterCard charges for August. Next I sent $125 to Houston Public Media for our September charity contribution. Finally, I wrote JMM a check for $525 ; I need $400 cash for September haircuts, mani/pedi, and yard work and the other $125 for charitable giving.  That done, I was able to clear off my desk. Yea!!

We went to Gringo's for TexMex to celebrate getting through Harvey. More Yea!

Angie pooped in the house while we were at Gringo's. She absolutely never has an accident in the house when we are here. But every time we leave her, she poops.  JMM showed it to her and fussed and put her in her outside fenced area. I don't know what else to do with her. 

I am debating with myself whether to keep on with my Resistance Every Day project because it does no good. With both Senators, my Representative, and the idiot President all Republicans and opposed to everything I support, it is not likely to change their minds on anything. OTOH, it lets me DO SOMETHING about those awful, awful, awful policies against the environment. 

No comments: