Monday, March 27, 2017

Around OakMeadows


JMM and I took a long weekend trip to Washington, D.C. to visit our daughter. We had a perfect visit, alternating sightseeing, resting at her apartment and watching The Great British Bake Off episodes, and eating at some really good restaurants. Dear Daughter was a wonderful hostess and tour guide.

It is with great sadness the I will be removing SchmidleyScribblings from my sidebar. Her daughter posted on her blog that Dianne died from a complication following a stroke.  I never met Dianne in person but she was a dear blog friend and I will miss her lively humor.

I finished reading At the Edge of the Orchard by Tracy Chevalier. It may have been a best seller but I didn't like it at all. It was one grim hardship after another for almost the entire book. I am looking forward to Jacqueline Winspear's new Maisie Dobbs, In This Grave Hour.  I also have an audio book Alexander McCall Smith's latest Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency book Precious and Grace. I like to listen this series because the reader's voice just brings the stories to life.

I finally finished the Sampler Quilt top. I will take it to be machine quilted next weekend.

That's all the news from OakMeadows where the cats are shedding all over the place and the people just live with it.

1 comment:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I'm so glad you had a good visit with your daughter -- it sounds like the kind of visit we have when we visit our Colorado family (son and dil).... they arrange just enough sightseeing/plays/whatever, interspersed with good conversation and well ... we all vegged out with some of their collection of "Chopped" last time we were there.


And oh I am so sad to hear about Dianne -- I had been checking her blog for comments from her daughter, but am behind (again) and hadn't gotten to that place on my list yet. She gave me so much to think about over the years. (I often felt out of my depth, but she was very kind and I always felt that my feeble brain had gotten a workout from reading her).