Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Around OakMeadows

Around OakMeadows

Spring-- Winter-- Spring-- Winter. That is how it has been around here this week. Record high temperatures followed by back to winter.  Sometimes two seasons in one day. Air conditioner on one day and heater on the next.  Figuring out how to dress appropriately for the weather gets tricky. Oh well, No complaints, I have means to heat or cool the house and clothes to keep me warm or let me cool off. No complaints. 

I have two SILs, one of whom has rather severe COPD resulting in lung function about 44%.  She is planning to go to a clinic in Arizona for a "stem cell treatment." I am quite certain that it is a waste of money ($7,000 plus airfare, hotel, meals).  It is not FDA approved so Medicare will not pay for it thus it is all out of pocket.  They are aware that it is "unproven and may not work" but have been told of people that it has helped and are willing to risk it.  So I wish her well and say nothing. 

The mess in Washington boggles the mind. If somehow we can survive 4 years of this nonstop turmoil without a war and with Medicare and Social a Security in tact, I will be so relieved.  But it has only been 3 weeks and it seems at least 3 years. 

I finished reading Three Days in January by Bret Baier.  It was an excellent book about President Eisenhower and what led up to his famous farewell address. If you like Ike, this is a great read. 

Making progress on getting my Sampler Quilt top together.  The hardest part was deciding how I wanted to do it.  I decided on a block and lattice pattern.  Tomorrow I will cut out the lattice strips. 

All is well at OakMeadows.

1 comment:

peppylady (Dora) said...

Hello from , stop in from Annie. Our weather is a little behind. Our winter came in late this year.
I just shake my head every time I hear the news.
If you fine the time stop in for a cup of coffee.