Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Around OakMeadows

Around OakMeadows

We went to see La La Land and it was lovely. Sweet and poignant. No intellectual challenge for sure, but sweet and lovely and a total relief from current events. I loved it, my daughter loved it, my husband did not. YMMV. 

Good news: Taxes are done and e-filed. More good news: We will get a refund. Actually, our taxes are incredibly easy. We use TurboTax, we have 4 1099s and take the Standard Deduction and that's it. 

We have been going on a morning walk first thing each morning. Fitbit says DH is getting 4400 steps each morning. I was trying to get him to 5000 steps but I think we will just declare 4400 enough and be OK with it. 

I am got my baby boy quilt back from being machine quilted. I will post photos whenever Blogger decides to let me. (This is so aggravating!!) I left monster quilt and told her not to hurry because it will be about 6 weeks before the next top is ready. The next quilt will be using Sampler Quilt squares I made 20+ years ago. 

Reading: Linked: How Everything Is Connected to Everything Else and What It Means for Business, Science, and Everyday Life by Albert-Laszlo Barabasi. I got it through inter library loan so I only have 15 days to get it read. So far it is very interesting. 

One of my dear internet friends has been diagnosed with a very serious illness and I am so saddened about it. She is such a one of a kind person. She's interested and interesting, opinionated but quite tolerant, and so very full of life. We will know soon just how serious this is and what the treatment options are.  I hope she knows just how much I value her and her friendship. 

I could add more about that awful man in the White House but what good would that do. How I yearn for a slow news day...just one would be so welcome.  

Well, that's all for now on day from OakMeadows where the cats are all lazy and the people are their concierges. 

No comments: