Thursday, December 8, 2016

Birthday Trip



Birthday Trip

We took a 2 day trip to the Lower Rio Grande Valley to do some birding and to go to the National Butterfly Center.  Joe took his super-duper camera and took some beautiful photos.  I will post them when he finishes with them and sends them to me.  
This was a perfect birthday present.  One of the things I enjoy most is meeting other people who are as fascinated with birds and butterflies as we are.  When we were at the South Padre Island Nature Center, we met a couple who had never been to the National Butterfly Center in Mission.  It was a pleasure to tell them about it and since it was only an hour and a half from where we were, they indicated that they would certainly go.   

There really isn't anything I can say or do about the embarrassment that is about to be inaugurated as our President.  I hope that his narcissism doesn't get us into a war or rather any more wars.  It's going to be a long, disastrous 4 years. All I can do is support our local food pantry, make quilts for the Salvation Army, and give what I can to the Nature Conservancy.  I anticipate inflation to kick in if * goes through with lowering taxes and increasing spending on infrastructure.  This is going to be hard on the poor and the elderly.  

Winter seems to have finally arrived.  It will be down in the mid 30s and highs around 50.  I know what a wimp I must seem to those up North but for the Texas Gulf Coast, this is cold!! My cats are ever so affectionate in cold weather, especially if I have the heating pad on.  



1 comment:

Hootin Anni said...

Yep, our kitty is a lap buddy when it's cold! And yep, being along the coast of South Texas, the cold damp air cuts right through you even if the thermometer says a balmy 50 degrees. It feels like a Colorado 30 or less if the wind is a factor.

I kinda look forward to seeing what our president elect will do for the country. The last eight years didn't do much in my opinion.