Tuesday, October 20, 2015

October Around OakMeadows


Sometimes I can be totally irrational. Take my van for example. My van is a Honda Odyssey named Penelope.  I bought it new in 2004 and it now has right at 185,000 miles on it. I have taken care of it like it was a member of the family following the recommended maintenance exactly for all these years. And it has transported me without fail for all these years and all these miles.  But the time is coming when I will need to trade it in because we want to take 2 long road trips next year and I just don't trust it to make the trips without blowing a gasket or axel or something. But it is heart wrenching to me and I feel sooooo bad about sending it to the scrap yard or worse to someone who wouldn't take care of her.  What an idiot I am!


This morning I decided to make peanut butter cookies. They would have been better if I'd had some chocolate chips to add but I didn't. 





I have been very unhappy with the lack of Monarch butterflies that we have had this year.  But we seem to be doing a bit better with the fall migration.  I counted 7 Monarch caterpillars on our milkweed bed and I know there were at least that many in the back where I couldn't see them.

I have








1 comment:

Rambling Woods said...

I felt bad when my husbands car was hit and totaled because of age... Yea for the Monarchs!