Friday, November 14, 2014

Class Reunion


I graduated from Ball High School in Galveston in 1965. I enjoyed high school and look back on it with many happy memories.  Our 50th class reunion will be next year and there is already a committee of go-getters organizing things. I have volunteered to help on the committee trying to locate as many class members as possible. With Facebook and all the social media and many other resources online, we have a better chance of locating people than ever before. Yesterday, GB, who is the person heading this committee walked me through the Google shared data base that we are all working on.   There were over 300 names of our classmates listed on a Excel spreadsheet. Those that we have a confirmed address/phone number/email are highlighted in yellow and those who are deceased are highlighted in red. It was a bit unnerving to see how many of my classmates are highlighted red.  I knew about several of them but there were others that it was a total surprise to me to learn that they were dead.  I guess after 50 years it shouldn't be surprising but still. In another 50 years we will all be highlighted in red. 

1 comment:

Rambling Woods said...

I just went to my 40th..and there was a list and photos of those who have passed on...gosh....