Thursday, July 10, 2014

Life after Life by Kate Atkinson

Life after Life by Kate Atkinson

This is truly an unusual story told by a master story teller. Ursula Todd is born on a snowy night in February, 1910. Not just once but over and over again as she dies time and again and is reborn, always on the same snowy night to the same loving family. She has an inkling, just a vague awareness that she has been at certain places and had certain experiences before.  Each time she lives a slightly different life. The characters are complex and completely drawn and each time we learn more about them. I listened to this on audio CDs while driving and when I got home, I just sat in the car to finish listening to the CD, other times I listened to it half the night because I just wanted to listen to just one more CD...you know how that goes... Anyway, don't miss this really excellent story. 

No comments: