Monday, March 10, 2014

So excited!

Just a quick note to say how thrilled I am that the barn swallows are back!  Right on time, to the day! They arrived at my back porch this morning! How do they do it?? From Central America to my back porch every year!!  How I love them!! Soon they will be refurbishing last year's nests and then there will be babies (and the poop below...) I will have to go on sparrow patrol though to keep the sparrows from invading the swallow nests. This just makes me so happy!

All my swallow pictures are too dark, so these are from Google images:


4 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

...this is soooooo exciting!!!

Hattie said...

Ohh, lucky you. We have a lot of birds in my neighborhood but no native birds, except for the plovers that migrate from Alaska and winter here.

Florence said...

Hattie, I know nothing about the native birds of Hawaii. Are they all gone? or just none in your neighborhood?

Rambling Woods said...

Oh I love swallows.... Michelle