Friday, March 21, 2014

Good movies via Netflix (mostly)

 


Most movies that we watch come via Netflix. I absolutely love Netflix and consider it one of the best bargains around. I am so old that I remember when you had to go to the theater to watch a movie and once it left the theaters, well, it was gone for good. There were some re-releases but not many. Anyway, love my Netflix. 
Recently, I've had some very good movies, some OK, and one stinker. Here we go:

Frozen - very good for young children; awful for me. (We actually went to the theater for this one. Aargh!)
Up! - Best animated story I've ever seen. 
Room with a View - excellent. 
A Walk in the Clouds - wonderful romance. 
Monuments Men - excellent! WW II true but little known. (This was really worth seeing on the large screen.)
Mansfield Park - an old favorite. 
Rob Roy - Ack! This was so bad that JMM and I tried to blame each other for putting it in the Netflix queue. (It was him!)
The Godfather - Classic. 
To Sir with Love - Good but dated. 
American Hustle - OK but certainly not worth the Academy Award hype. 

Have you watched any good movies lately that I can add to my Netflix queue??




4 comments:

Hattie said...

You might enjoy the miniseries,Top of the Lake or the miniseries Lilyhammer.

Folkways Note Book said...

I like it when folks put their favorite movies online. Did you watch Help? Very good. I will review your list again and pick out a few -- thanks barbara

Florence said...

Yes, Barbara, I've seen The Help. I read the book and then saw the movie. It was very good.
Hattie, I will check out Top of the Lake and Lilyhammer. Thanks.

chrissoup said...

Moonrise Kingdom
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Crossing Delancey