Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston

I heard about the terrible bombing at the Boston marathon yesterday. It is an awful thing and my sympathy is with those that were injured and the families of those murdered. I have also learned about the outpouring of kindness to the people who were hurt. But I will not listen or watch the 24/7 coverage of it. The police and FBI are investigating and will eventually find the person responsible for it.  I will listen or watch or read about that at that time and then only once. I think we do ourselves no good to be constantly bombarded by one tragedy/horror/crisis after another. 

1 comment:

Hattie said...

We really have no choice but to be drawn in. I think it's better to face the bad news, because it is more depressing to be in denial. Though god knows I need a break from it myself, from time to time!