Saturday, February 25, 2012

Weight Watchers

I need to lose some weight so last Wednesday I joined Weight Watchers.  The program is based on food Points--every food has a Point value assigned to it.  From what I understand now, fresh fruits and vegetables are 0 points.  The more fat and calories, the higher the points.  Depending on your current height and weight you have a daily allowance of points. My daily points allowance is 26.  Exercise has a negative point value depending on the intensity and duration.  This is just like managing your checkbook -- can't go over your Daily Points.  The best part of it is the online Tools and Tracker.  I can do this. I weigh in once a week (Wednesday) and then attend a brief meeting.  The group leader, Myra, lost 81 lb in 1996 and has kept her weight off; she is very knowledgeable and interested in helping.

OK, last Wednesday I weighed 174.6 lb. (Ack!!) I will weigh in next Wednesday and post here any changes. Wish me luck!!

No comments: