Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cooking Disasters

This has not been my week for cooking.  It all started when DH bought a big bag of cheap rice and not my usual Uncle Ben's Rice.  Monday I made one of my standard casseroles--Chicken and Rice.  I have made it hundreds of times over the 43 years we have been married and it is really fool proof and always turns out scrumptious.  Not this time. The rice did not soften as the casserole cooked.  It was awful with crunchy rice and runny sauce.  I threw the whole mess out for the raccoons to eat.  Ack!!  The second disaster was yesterday when I made Red Beans and Rice.  Only I decided to make it a bit more flavorful by adding some browned sausage. Bad idea.  The sausage made it greasy. Yuck! More food for the raccoons. I hate wasting the time, energy, and money spent.  I've had my share of cooking disasters over the years but I can't think of when I had two in one week.  Maybe we better have Subways tonight.

No comments: