Sunday, October 25, 2009

Families can be complicated

My DH is the oldest of 5 boys. Yesterday Brother #2 hosted the annual family fish fry. Brother #3 has boycotted the rest of the family for years and yesterday was no exception; however, his ex-wife was there with their 2 children and grandchildren and it was great--we always preferred her over him anyway... There were 50+ people there and it was just a pleasant evening of reminiscing and laughing about trying to figure out who was related to whom. The longest marriage there was 56 years and the youngest child there was 3. The food was terrific--I never made it to the actual fried fish because I couldn't get enough of SIL #2's gumbo. I brought my Chocolate-Chocolate cake. There was a whole table of desserts and a table of salads--potato, corn, cabbage. Very nice evening indeed.

No comments: