Sunday, February 1, 2009

Gardening

JMM is finally catching some of my interest in vegetable gardening!! He put up trellises for sugar snap peas and got them planted this morning. We were discussing tomatoes and have decided to do little cherry tomatoes this year. He has some corn to plant the first of March and he wants to plant some seedless watermelons too.

On the flower side, the butterfly garden should be even better this year with many of the plants reseeding themselves and others well established. Roses need to be pruned on Valentines Day.

I hope one of these days to have several bee hives but that is well down the road.


Thought for the day:

"The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions, and not our circumstances." --Martha Washington

1 comment:

JW said...

Hi,

I just want to take the time to thank you for all of your encouragement, advice and support on our former blog (We Need To Be Debt Free).

Unfortunately we had to discontinue and completely remove the blog because some very disturbed person found it necessary to expose my blog to my employers. I have no idea who they are our how they know where I work but, I couldn't risk my job. Fortunately, I still have all of your excellent comments and advice in my person email account for reference.

My wife and I sincerely appreciated everything you have told us and are working on a long-term plan for our finances in addition to clearing up our debts.

And we are keeping the DOG :)

Thanks again,

JW