Wednesday, January 21, 2009

President Barak Obama

What an inspiring, uplifting event the Inauguration was yesterday! The crowds were the happiest million people you would ever want to see. I grew up in the South during segregation and it wasn't pretty. I remember the separated drinking fountains and separate restrooms. I have ridden in the buses where I sat at front and the blacks at the back. There were no blacks in my schools all the way through high school and the schools were not equal. Now to watch as a black man is sworn in as President just makes me so proud of my country. And I think he is an exceptional person too--his calm, deliberateness is what is needed to lead us through the economic morass we are in and to get us out of the quagmire of Iraq and Afghanistan. However, I must say that people who depend on the government to take care of them will be disappointed; we must all be more prepared to take care of ourselves. Will he make mistakes?? Of course, don't we all. I will pray for the wisdom and blessings of the Lord to be with him.

No comments: