Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dream to Goal


There is a saying that the difference between a dream and a goal is a plan.  While we were paying off the house, I kept a list of things that I wanted to do or buy When The House Is Paid Off.  This WTHIPO list was to remind me that the austerity was just temporary and would not last forever.  I put the list in priority order and what a joy it was to draw a line through that first item! (It was a replacement for a cracked window.)  Over the past couple of months JMM and I have been discussing various things that would be nice to do  but with no real commitment or priority to any of it.  Ever the planner, I made a list of all that we had idly discussed and e-mailed the list to JMM with a request that he put them in order of his priorities.  As it happens, the top 3 items on his priority list corresponded with mine.

They are:
1.   Yard scooter
2.   Sprinkler system
3.   Travel

So we have decided to concentrate on getting a Precedent Golf cart so that I can move around our 4 acres and not be limited to the brick path where my electric scooter can go. 

Next step is to move from dream to goal and make a plan.  I spent some time going over the budget and arranged things so that we can save $200 per paycheck minimum.  We should be able to accomplish this in less than a year.

No comments: