Sunday, January 3, 2021

Around OakMeadows

 

My sweet Angie



Monday morning I received an email from my physician group telling me to call for an appointment for JMM and Me to get our Covid-19 vaccinations. I assumed that it would be weeks before we could come in but they said for us to come in at 12 noon that same day.  I have seldom been so surprised in my whole life. So we went in and got the Pfizer vaccine.  We go back on January 25 for the second injection. 

The pandemic goes on. 350,000+ Americans have died of Covid-19 and hospitals are overwhelmed. It just seems incredible that this is happening but it certainly is. January is looking like it will be worse than December when 78,000+ died. Hopefully, the vaccinations will lower the toll as more and more people are vaccinated. But with so many Americans out of their minds with conspiracy theories, who knows.

I sent $500 to the West Fort Bend Food Pantry because so many people are out of work because of the pandemic. The economic consequences of Covid-19 will be with us for a long, long time.

After we get the second injection, it will be so nice to be able to go out to eat, to get a manicure/pedicure, and go shopping.  I need to see the optometrist and get a mammogram. And I can finally go shopping for a new bed and dresser. 

Speaking of doctors, JMM and I will be seeing our new doctor, Dr. Basu, for the first time on January 11 for our annual physicals.

Still reading A Promised Land by Barack Obama. It is excellent!! I’ve set my reading goal for 26 books in 2021 so I need to finish one book every two weeks. At 700+ pages, I have a lot of reading to do. Fortunately, it is interesting and very well written.






No comments: