Sunday, August 25, 2019

Around OakMeadows

Our new kitten, Tigger, destroys my closet. 

We were supposed to meet P&W&B for lunch at Gringo’s in Texas City last Friday but W is in the hospital. She has “fluid around her heart”” and so they are carefully diuresing her. I suspect that her cardiac output isn’t sufficient to perfuse her kidneys leading to fluid retention. She is on the lung transplant waiting list so she is being closely monitored and everything possible will be done to keep her alive until the transplant.

I watched 2 really good movies lately.  I watched Book Club on Prime and haven’t laughed so much in a long time. It is definitely an older woman hen flick. The second good movie was American Factory which makes it abundantly clear why the Chinese are kicking our butts. 

I had planned to make Veggie Soup and get all sorts of things done today but by 9 am I was sound asleep for a 2 hour nap. Don’t know why I was so tired but I decided to eat leftovers for lunch and get burgers for dinner. 

T and Lucy came for a visit. We are working on insisting that Lucy not jump up on people. 
We read and watched HGTV. It is just so pleasant. We discussed modifications to the bathroom to make it easier for me to take care of necessities safely and easily as this dratted neuromuscular condition progresses.  

That’s about all that’s going on at OakMeadows. 

No comments: