Friday, August 18, 2017

đŸ”¥Resistance. Every. Day. đŸ”¥

đŸ”¥ResistanceđŸ”¥
"It happened because it was not stopped by ordinary people." Hannah Arendt

Called Rep. Pete Olson and Senators Cornyn and Cruz to express my satisfaction that efforts to repeal the ACA failed and to express my hope that they will act responsibly to fix the ACA to provide the best healthcare for all Americans. 

Sent a Thank You to Mayor Rahm Emanuel for preventing Chicago police from serving in immigration enforcement and for filing suit against threats to withhold public safety grants from sanctuary cities. 

đŸ”¥Resistance. Every. Day.đŸ”¥

1. I tried to find out when my 3 MoCs will have a Town Hall meeting. The best I could come up with was to be put on a waiting list for Rep. Pete Olson to be called but when and where are unknown. Senator Cornyn's mailbox was full as usual. I talked to a real person at Senator Cruz's Houston office where I was told to check his FB page which I did while I was still talking with the real person and told him there was no schedule of events or appearances on his FB page. He then told me to leave my name and phone number and I would be contacted. Right. So I gave up and decided to attend Beto O'Rourke's event in Pearland on Saturday morning. 

2. Sent a thank you to New Haven's Mayor Toni Harp
for affirming that New Haven respects people no matter where they come from -- and for offering sanctuary to asylum seekers like Marco Reyes Alvarez. Your courage and leadership help your city live up to its name. Thank you.

3. Sent email to White House: Resign or be impeached. 

4. Sent email to Rep. Pete Olson and Senators Cornyn and Cruz: Impeach Trump Now!

đŸ”¥Resistance.Every. Day.đŸ”¥

Sent email to Rep. Pete Olson:
I know you are in recess, but I’m calling ahead about the budget negotiations coming up next month. Specifically, I'm deeply concerned about what I'm reading about ICE raids, detention center conditions, border patrol abuses, and deporting peaceful, vulnerable people to dangerous cities. Our treatment of immigrants amounts to sanctioned, taxpayer-funded abuse. Please know that I want you to cut funding to the deportation machine, and vote no on any bill that funds this abusive system. I want a respectful path to citizenship for our country’s 11 million undocumented people. Thanks.

Sent emails to Rep. Pete Olson and Senators Cornyn and Cruz:
Stop the madness in the Middle East. Get us out of Afghanistan, Iraq, Yemen, Libya, and anywhere else we are wasting lives, limbs, and tax money. 


2 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I am in awe of all you do. Our representative and senators and our Governor are Democrats, and i would be speaking to the choir, but I should write and thank them all.

Florence said...

Sallie, do write them and let them know how much they are appreciated. Let them know how much those of us in red states are depending on them and appreciate them.