Thursday, June 1, 2017

Around OakMeadows

Around OakMeadows 

Our sweet Angie has settled in just like she was meant to be here. We've found a food that she likes and is good for her. She pees and poos outside. She loves to go in the van or with JMM in the truck. While the cats are not pleased with this new invader, everyone is respectful of the other's space. 

JMM and I celebrated our 49th wedding anniversary with DD and DSIL at Taste of Texas as we usually do. But for once, instead of steak, I had the salmon and it was probably the best I've ever had. But everything at Taste of Texas is just wonderful. Next year I hope we will be in Yellowstone for our anniversary. 

I got my Sampler Quilt back from being machine quilted. I will post a photo when Blogger decides to cooperate. My current Scrap Quilt has come to a screeching halt because I don't like the way it is going together. My 3 choices are: 1. Just do it and get it done, like it or not. 2. Rip it down to the pieces where it starts to get weird. 3. Trash the whole thing and start again (which I know that I really won't do.) decisions, decisions. 

I finished Miller's Valley by Anna Quindlen. It was excellent, one of those books that just gets better and better, the farther you get into it. I'm almost finished with I Contain Multitudes by Ed Yong. It is about symbiosis between bacteria and its hosts. Another excellent book that gives one a real appreciation for bacteria. 

Our butterfly garden is in full bloom and we are still having more Monarchs than ever before. We have had 4 different species of Swallowtails. They are so big and so gorgeous that I am just dazzled by them. Lots of the usual birds--barn swallows are on their second nesting, cardinals, blue jays, collared Doves. We've had lots of rain so the wildflowers in the back two acres have been extra nice this year. 

We are planning a trip later this month to the Kimball Museum in Fort Worth to see an Impressionist exhibit. 

I'm still doing my Resistance cards, calls, and emails 5 days a week. Have no idea if I'm making any difference at all but it might and it makes me feel better than just weeping and wringing my hands.  Nevertheless, she persisted...

That's all the news from OakMeadows where the people love the dog and the cats...don't. 

No comments: