Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Around OakMeadows

Around OakMeadows 

I made a dreadful mistake when I didn't insist on my daughter becoming a veterinarian. To make a long story short the cat at the vet today cost $970. Yes, he is worth every penny of it but still, if I had a daughter who was a veterinarian, she would most likely have given me a price break. Cat is recovering nicely but we are exhausted. 

My quilt top is progressing very slowly but I am pleased with it so far.  I hope to finish it up this week. 

I have 3 good books going right now: Option B by Sheryl Sandberg, I Contain Multitudes  by Ed Yong, and Britt-Marie Was Here by Fredrik Backman. They are all very different but very good.  

The Orange One fires the FBI Director who is investigating him. Hmmm .

That's all the news from OakMeadows where the cats are resting and recuperating and so are the people. 

1 comment:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Kids! They just don't think about their parents' needs when they choose their career ;>). Glad your kitty recovered well, can't really put a price on that, as you say.

Horrified at today's orange one's headline. It just gets worse and worse every day. I don't even know why I'm surprised any more.