Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spring Trip

We have been planning a trip to Washington, D.C. to visit the museums. But I have been hesitating about making reservations because with all the turmoil in Congress over the budget, I didn't want to go only to find the government (and museums) shut down.  Now it is looking now like we will have a (semi-) functional government through September.  So I guess it is relatively safe to go ahead and make our travel plans for early May. JMM pointed out that there will be an exhibition of Durer master works at the National Gallery through June 9.  I am thinking a day at the National Gallery, a day at the Smithsonian, and a monuments day with a travel day on either end.

  I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to my full body frisking at the airport since I am unable to walk through the scanners.  And how I look forward to United crushing my luggage again. But that will all be minor as long as my scooter gets to and from Washington undamaged. 

No comments: