Friday, August 31, 2012

Painting

I finished painting the kitchen this morning. It looks so nice and fresh and clean. Painting is not a bad job; it is the before and after work that I don't like.  Moving things, making sure the surface is ready to paint, putting the floor cover down, and getting all the paint stuff-- brushes, roller, pan, paint, and stirrers ready-- is a job unto itself so I did all that yesterday. Today was just the actual painting. Since JMM is on PTO today, he was home and did the bulk of the cleaning up for me.  He's a keeper!

This ends my painting for this year.  Next year I will paint the family room because the kitchen is open to family room and already I can see the nice, fresh kitchen walls are making the family room walls look grungy. It never ends...

No comments: