Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Today Matters by John Maxwell

This is without a doubt my all time favorite motivational book. Every chapter in it is full of inspiration toward leading a full and rewarding life. I've read it at least 10 times and every time I am inspired and uplifted. I'm just going to list the 12 chapter titles to give you the book in a nutshell or rather 12 nutshells.

1. Today's attirude gives me possibilities.
2. Today's priorities give me focus.
3. Today's health gives me strength.
4. Today's family gives me stability.
5. Today's thinking gives me an advantage.
6. Today's commitment gives me tenacity.
7. Today's finances give me options.
8. Today's faith gives me peace.
9. Today's relationships give me fullfillment.
10. Today's generosity gives me significance.
11. Today's values give me direction.
12. Today's growth gives me potential.

John Maxwell writes from a Christian perspective so it while the principles are applicable, the Christian perspective may not be in line with those of another faith.

1 comment:

Dr. Donna Galante said...

John Maxwell is one of my favorite authors, and I recommend him to my readers, too. Just listing the chapters as you have done is a great way to give an overview of his book, and his focus on today. I like how he also says that success in life involves knowing your strengths and focussing less on weaknesses so you can reach your maximum potential.